Sunday, February 22, 2009

Eating healthy

My Uncle Neil, who is a fitness expert called me last week sometime and was telling me how he liked my blogging about my recipes. So he asked me if I would help him wiht some recipes and making them then taking pictures. So i told him i would love to help him out and it would get my family to start eating healthy. I have been watning to eat healthier for a few years now. But being pregnatn didnt help that much. So now that i am done with havign kids and want to get back to my high school figure(my hope) i figured it was the perfect time to start and to help my uncle out with his website. So we had our last of eating out this week and potatoe filled foods. LOL

So here we go with a healthier life and getting our kids to eat more of a variety of foods.

But here is one last meal taht is our family favorite that we will only make maybe once a month if that since it is packed with carbs. It is Sheapards Pie and we love it so much. But i put a little twist on this one. We didnt have hamburger meat but we have tons of chicken so i cooked up some chicken and cut it up and threw it in. Here is the recipe i used but then tweeked.

1 lb ground beef
1-2 cups mixed veggies
1 can cream of mushroom soup
6-8 Potatoes, depends on size
1 cup shredded cheese, any kind you like


Brown the beef and dump in the veggies with the meat and add the can of soup. Cook till its warm. In the mean time get your potatoes washed and peeled and cut into smaller cubes so that you can boil them to make fresh potatoes. Once they are soft, drain and put the potatoes back in the pan and mash them up to your liking and add butter and milk. I add sour cream to them and some shredded cheese. Mix the potatoes up. After all that get a casserole dish and put the meat mixture int he bottom eand then top it with the potatoes and add sheddred cheese to the top of the potatoes.
Cook int he oven on 350 degrees for 25-30 min.
And like i said we used chisken instead of ground beef and i only used corn and green beans but all veggies can go in it. We love to mix things up a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment